How do I find information about state and national tournaments?
Below are some links for state and national tournaments.
Alaska Bowling Association (open state tournament and senior state tournament) - http://www.bowlalaska.com/
Alaska Women’s Bowling Association (women’s state tournament and women’s senior state tournament) - http://www.alaskawba.com/
USBC National Open Tournament - http://www.bowl.com/openchamp/
USBC National Women’s Tournament - http://www.bowl.com/
Is walk-in registration available for tournaments?
Yes, there is always walk-in registration up to one hour before the tournament; however, we highly recommend that you preregister to ensure a spot in the tournament.
When will I receive my prize check?
Prize checks are mailed when the tournament is officially registered, which is 30 days after the completion of the tournament.
How do I check my average from the prior year?
Averages for all GAUSBC bowlers are available in our yearbook located on the "All the Stats" page.
How do I nominate someone for the Hall of Fame?
Nomination forms for the Hall of Fame are available on our "All the Stats" page.
How do I become an All Star?
Guideline and registration forms for All Stars are available on our "All the Stats" page.
What do I get for my memberships dues?
At USBC, there are many benefits to being a member:
- YOUR CERTIFIED AVERAGE. Your USBC average is nationally recognized and tracked. As your certified average is updated, you can track it with our league standing sheets or 'Find A Member' functions on BOWL.com. The Find A Member function on BOWL.com is a members-only section and does require a login. Please click here to create your login if you do not already have one.
- NATIONALLY-RECOGNIZED RULES. USBC is the national governing body for the sport of bowling as recognized by the United States Olympic Committee. Your membership ensures that you bowl under nationally recognized rules and regulations.
- EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS. As a member, the integrity of your game will never change. USBC ensures all bowling balls, pins, lane surfaces, oils, cleaners and more are inspected and certified, ensuring a fair and competitive game for all USBC members nationwide.
- TOURNAMENTS. Your certified average is your ticket to local, state and national bowling tournaments! No matter your skill level, USBC has a tournament for you!
- MEMBER REWARDS. Thousands of USBC members like you are saving money on their car insurance, gym memberships, cell phones, travel and much more with our Member Rewards program!
Also, your membership helps support the following:
- TEAM USA AND THE OLYMPIC MOVEMENT. Team USA relies on your support and represents YOU as they compete internationally and continue to push for bowling to become an Olympic sport.
- THE SUPPORT OF CHARITABLE CAUSES. USBC and its members are proud to support several charitable outlets including Bowl for the Cure, Bowlers to Veterans Link and Special Olympics.
- THE FUTURE OF THE SPORT. With your support, USBC provides hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships to America's youth bowlers each and every season.
What oversight practices are in place to ensure the financial integrity of the GAUSBC Association??
The GAUSBC’s board members meet once per month to review all financial statements to ensure accuracy and accountability. Questions are raised and answered in these board meetings concerning the financial status of the GAUSBC Association. Additionally, an annual audit is performed on the GAUSBC’s books by the Finance Committee, where a complete analysis of income, expenditures and non-profit compliance is completed. Should any discrepancies be found, the GAUSBC board is notified immediately.